Sunday, October 08, 2006

A new BBC Radio Show

Tonight a friend of mine got tickets to attend a taping of a new radio show on BBC 4 called Talking and Not Talking. The taping was held at the Hampstead Theatre and tickets were free, so it was close and well, free.

I wasn't sure how much of the humor I was actually going to get, but I surprised myself, a year in England has paid off. Not having a television hurt me though, as I am not up on my pop culture and don't know any of the celebrities they joked about. I have to say that there were quite a few slams on Americans, much of which was true unfortunately, but there were jokes on other ethnic groups as well, and again, true to the point. It was fun to laugh and be part of a taping, an interesting experience.

The star of the show, Laura Solon, was so great at different voices and switching over them so quickly, it is quite a talent. The other three talents were good as well. Of course with it being radio, all were dressed very casually. They taped for about an hour, with a short break and then another 30 minutes of taping and barely 5 minutes of redo's.

Now I just have to figure out when the show is playing and tune in...nice that they didn't give us that information...and I am not even finding it on their website--interesting way to promote...