Thursday, November 30, 2006

Carol singers, tree lighting, and a celebrity...

The holiday season has officially begun in Hampstead. This afternoon there were carol singers and the ceremonial tree lighting on the high street. Sophie and I met some friends from our playgroup there. Actress Emma Thompson was the secret local celebrity assisting with the ceremony. She was very funny and looked great! After the ceremony I tried to get her autograph and a picture with her but she was whisked away. My friend Tracy took a picture of Emma on her camera phone (I will post when I get it from her).

So a bit disappointed, but I chatted a bit more with some friends of course...finally I left and as I walking down the high street Emma was standing with two other people waiting for her daughter to come out of the community center it appeared, and of course I had to ask if I could bother her for an autograph. She kindly obliged and signed the back of a cardboard crown Sophie was given at the ceremony by the local fairy shop--With lots of love Sophie! Emma Thompson xx --very sweet! Just another day in London...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home