Skating in London
Since England has such nice mild weather and its rarely snows, ice rinks are man made and around only for a short time during the winter holiday. There is an ice rink at the Hampstead Heath each year and we took a little walk on a Sunday to watch people trying it out. Sophie definitely has Minnesota blood because she really likes watching ice skating and seems ready to get out and try it out. It is a little spendy though and gets quite crowded, and to Jeremy's amusement, most people don't do well at it. But since it is expensive, offered only a short while during the year, and clearly just a novelty, not a way of life like it is in Minnesota (hockey is not a sport in England!) so it is completely understandable that people are not experts at this. We did see a few people with their own skates, most people rent, but they were Americans of course. I have to say I don't like skating that much and haven't done it in years, and I would probably look as bad as most out there, but I was wanting to get out on the rink and have a little skate around. Next time...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home