Thursday, February 08, 2007

More Snow in London

England got hit with more snow today. Sophie woke up and went to look at the window and started jumping up and down screaming, "it's snowing, it's snowing!" She was so excited. Too bad we all have colds and were not up to getting outside to enjoy like the rest of the country. It sounded like people were out sledging (aka sledding), skiing, and snowboarding on the hills at the Hampstead Heath.

The photos are some views of the snow from the window of our bedroom. Most of the schools in the area were closed, and it was a commuters nightmare. I was told this is the most snow London has seen in 10 years! Although I am not finding a story that gives the total inches yet...I'm guessing it was over 4 inches. Feels like home, except without the bitter cold! No one has shovels for the snow here since they are rarely needed. I even talked to one nanny today who doesn't even own a winter hat, she said she was going out to get one! Grit is available in boxes in certain places if you want to bring your own pail to get some...